Antonio Brown is an American professional football player. He was born on the 10th of July 1988, and his age is 34 years old. His height is 5 feet 10 inches (1.78m). He is the son of ‘Arena Football League player’ Eddie Brown. His mother is Adrianne Moss. He plays as a wide receiver and punt returner for ‘The Pittsburgh Steelers of ‘The National Football League(NFL) from 2010 to 2018.
|Full Name:||Antonio Tavaris Brown Sr.|
|Birth Date :||10th July 1988|
|Height||5ft 10 in(1.78 m)|
|High School||Miami Norland|
|College||Central Michigan (2007-2009)|
|Profession||American Football Player|
|Father Name||Eddie Brown|
|Mother Name||Adrianne Moss|
|Children’s:||Ali Brown , Antanyiah Brown,Antonio Brown Jr.,Apollo Brown,Autonomy Brown|
His Early life :
- Antonio Brown was born in Miami, Florida. His father Eddie Brown was also an Arena Football League player, playing as a wide receiver for ‘Albany Firebirds’. His father was voted the league’s greatest player ever.
- Desmond Brown is his younger brother, who also became a professional footballer and plays for ‘Pittsburgh Panthers.
- Sadly his parents divorced in the mid-1990s after his father started playing for ‘Albany/Indiana Firebirds’
- His mother remarried when Brown was just twelve years old. Afterward, he was kicked out of the house at the age of sixteen as he didn’t get along well with his stepfather. For another 6 months, he had to spend his entire nights at a friend’s place, inside cheap motels.
- Brown attended Miami Norland High School and played a variety of positions like running back, wide receiver, quarterback, and punt returner for the high school team. He earned the title ‘ North Athlete of the Year‘ in 2005 at ‘Miami-Dade Gridiron Classic’.
- His academic performance suffered due to personal issues, and missed an entry into ‘Florida State University and had to take prep classes at ‘North Carolina Tech’ for a year in 2006.
- He played as a quarterback for one season at North Carolina Tech. Then he earned a scholarship to ‘Florida International University in Miami. However, he was expelled after having an altercation with security.
- Luckily he got a call from Zach Azzanni(an old friend), who offered him a place at ‘Central Michigan University in 2007 as a walk-on wide receiver for their football team.
High School Career
- Brown was the starting wide receiver for Michigan and played 14 matches during freshman year. With his extraordinary performance, he was awarded the ‘ Mid-American Conference Freshman of the Year’.
- In 2008, his sophomore year, he played in all matches and scored a season-high two touchdown receptions against ‘temple’. He had a total of 93 receptions for 998 yards and seven scores during that season.
- He once again achieved a season-high two touchdowns against the ‘Zips’ during his junior year and also had a season-high 13 receptions for 178 yards against troy. He set the records for best single-season figures of 110 receptions, 1998 receiving yards, and nine touchdowns.
- In 2010, he left the college without completing his senior year to enter the 2010 ‘NFL Draft‘.
- ‘Pittsburgh Steelers selected him as their second wide receiver and was the 22nd overall wide receiver to be selected.
- He debuted in the 2010 season against the ‘Tennesse Titans and finished first in AFC North. He helped his team to reach the ‘Super Bowl’ but failed to win his first ‘Super Bowl match against the ‘’Green Bay Packers’ on Feb 2011.
- In his rookie season, he finished with 16 receptions for 167 yards in 10 games.
- In his second season, he started only three games but he became the first player in NFL History to have more than 1000 receiving and return yards in the same year.
- In 2012, The Steelers extended his contract with a five-year deal worth $42.5 million. With stellar performances, he became the only receiver in NFL history to record five receptions and at least 50 yards in every single game of an NFL season in 2013.
- He was fined $10,000 for unsportsmanlike conduct in a match against the ‘Washington Redskins’.
- Entering the 2013 season as a starting wide receiver for Pittsburgh Steelers along with Emmanuel Sanders, he broke the 1997 record by Yancey Thigpen for a single-season team record of 1.398 receiving yards.
- Spencer Lanning made three new team records for 129 receptions, 1698 receiving yards, and 13 touchdowns. Lanning was fined $8,200 during the 2014 season.
- In 2015, he entered NFL’s 200-all-time receiving yards list with a career total of 5,587 yards. During the season, he surpassed his record with 136 receptions for 1,834 yards. During the 2016 season, he entered the ‘NFL top 100 all-time’ and ‘top 100’ for career receptions and career receiving yards. By the end of the year, he became the second-best player in career receptions.
- He finished the 2017 season leading the league with 1,533 receiving yards. It was the second time in his career that he had finished a season on such a high note.
- The ‘Raiders’ released Brown following many off-the-field incidents and a conflict with general manager Mike Mayock.
- On September 7, 2019, Brown signed a one-year contract worth up to $15 million with the ‘New England Patriots He also received a $9 million signing bonus. On his debut for the ‘Patriots,’ he caught four passes for 56 yards and a touchdown.
Antonio Brown Achievement
|First player to have 1000+ receiving yards. And return yards in same season||2011|
|First player with at least 125 receptions in two straight season||2014-2015|
|All-Pro First Team||2014-2017|
|All-Pro Second Team||2013|
|Pro Bowl||2011, 2013-2018|
|NFL Receiving Yards Leader||2014, 2017|
|NFL Receptions Leader||2014,2015|
|NFL Receptions Touchdown Leader||2018|
|NFL All-Decade Team||2010s|
|First team – All American (college)||2008,2009|
|First Team All-MAC(college)||2008,2009|
|Mac freshman of the year (college)||2007|
|Mac special team player of the year||2008|
Personal Life and Family
|Cousin||Marquise (wide receiver for Baltimore Ravens since 2019)|
|Sons||Autonomy Brown, Apollo Brown, Antonio Brown Jr., Ali Brown|
Antonio Brown’s net worth is estimated to be around $20 million.